Regulatory Plan 2010-11
The Department of Health and Ageing's Regulatory Plan for 2010-11
Department of Health and Ageing Regulatory Plan 2010-2011 (PDF 317 KB)
The Department of Health and Ageing, like other Australian Government agencies which have responsibility for business regulation, is required to publish a regulatory plan on its web site each financial year.
The regulatory plan deals with changes within the Department’s area of responsibility and contains information about:
- changes to business regulation which have occurred since the beginning of the previous financial year; and
- activities planned in the current financial year which could lead to changes to business regulation.
What regulation does a regulatory plan cover?A regulatory plan covers business regulation. This includes primary legislation, subordinate legislation, quasi-regulation or treaties that directly affect business, have a significant indirect effect on business, or restrict competition.
Quasi-regulation refers to rules or arrangements where governments influence businesses to comply, but which do not form part of explicit government regulation.
A regulatory plan does not include information about the following:
- regulations of a minor or machinery nature that do not substantially alter existing arrangements;
- regulations that involve consideration of specific government purchases;
- regulations of a state or self-governing territory that apply in a non-self governing territory; and
- anticipated activity about which it would be inappropriate to publish information on grounds of confidentiality.
In addition, there may be regulatory activities that have not been included in the regulatory plan because they could not be foreseen when the plan was prepared at the start of the financial year.
In view of these exclusions, users should not take a regulatory plan to be a comprehensive source of information on past or potential changes to business regulation.
How up to date is information in this regulatory plan?
This plan was last updated: February 2011
Department of Health and Ageing Regulatory Plan 2010-11 (RTF 934 KB)
Department of Health and Ageing Regulatory Plan 2010-11 (PDF 317 KB)
Regulatory Plan 2009-2010To view the previous year's Regulatory Plan please follow this link to the Regulatory Plan 2009-10 page.
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.