Previously known as the Draft National Framework for Documenting Care in Residential Aged Care Services
You may view HTML or download the full document in PDF format: Natframe
Natframe is a manual that has been prepared as a resource for residential aged care facilities to support care access and care planning.
Natframe was initially developed by a Documentation Working Group established in May 2002 by the Ageing and Aged Care Division of the Department of Health and Aging. The Working Group was comprised of experts in nursing, aged care, information systems, quality improvement and representatives of major aged care stakeholders.
In April 2003, the Department of Health and Ageing commissioned consultants to conduct an industry trial of the draft Natframe. The trial was conducted over three months in some fifty (33 completed the trial) high and low care facilities across the country.
The report indicated support for Natframe as a resource to support evidence based care assessment and care planning.
Natframe is now available for voluntary use and users are encouraged to use the manual in a way that suits their needs and their facility. The manual has been designed to be used either as a whole document or in parts. The Natframe can be configured in the order that best suits the needs of the user.
A feedback sheet has been provided and you are encouraged to make any constructive comments or suggestions. Alternatively you can direct any comments or queries to: Doc.Consultation@health.gov.au.
Feedback Form (PDF 11 KB)
- Delivering More Aged Care Places For Eastern Melbourne
- $25 Million for accommodation for aged and disadvantaged
- Christmas message – remember to check in on your elderly relatives and neighbours
- 6,500 more aged care places for older Australians
- Boost for Home and Community Care in Western Australia
- Better HealthCare Connections: Aged Care Multidisciplinary Care Coordination and Advisory Service Program
- Better Health Care Connections: Models for Short Term, More Intensive Health Care for Aged Care Recipients Program
- Encouraging Better Practice in Aged Care (EBPAC)
- Getting assistance from an SDAP Panel Member
- Service Development Assistance Panel Program Glossary
- 2012 National Aged Care Workforce Census and Survey – The Aged Care Workforce, 2012 – Final Report
- Australian Government Directory of Services for Older People 2012/13
- Living Longer. Living Better.
- Australian Government Response to the Productivity Commission's Caring for Older Australians Report
- Delirium Care Pathways
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.